Wednesday, April 26, 2006

not the only American in town



After the weather reverted to winter for a few days it's getting to be spring again. Mom (my visitor for two weeks) is happy about that! After meeting in Marrakech last weekend, we've been hanging out in my town: eating with my host family, going to the dar chebab, walking around town, and saying hi to everyone.

This is the week after a vacation for students here and they are also in the process of preparing theater for a 'culture week' so classes have been sporadic. However, students like introducing themselves, shaking hands, and saying mrHba (welcome) repeatedly.

This photo is from my roof. In spite of the rain I'm glad that I'm here instead of the desert - there's so much green and flowers (especially poppies). As it's getting less muddy it will be nice to walk around the beautiful countryside!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Marc and Linda,

Great Picture, Marc and good job of holding the camera while taking the photo. Its great to see you both smiling. Have a blast next week and keep taking pictures!

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc, I'm enjoying your blog. It's amazing to think of you there. Stay safe and well. We're all proud of you!- Jane Abrams

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marc, I've enjoyed seeing your postings. Glad Linda got there okay. I left a comment for you a long time ago but can't find it now. BEAVER

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home