Wednesday, April 05, 2006

bus, taxi, foot: on my part of the N8

These all happen to be photos taken from the main road in my area - the N8 - which goes from Fes to Marrakech and continues to Agadir. It's the only paved road in my town. All of the following are less than 20km from my house.

I was lucky enough to be on a rather empty bus with pretty clean windows on a trip to Khenifra the other day. The wildflowers have really started to come out since the last time I had ventured out of town.




This is Khenifra, the provincial capital of about 75,000 people (and not that far from me). It's nickname is Hefra which means pit/hole and it's easy to see why.




Taking a grand taxi is a cramped experience. An important goal is to fit as many people as possible into it. I have tried to avoid them on long trips. Their definite advantage is that once they get going they are the fastest way to get somewhere.




Walking along the road to the south of town there is a lot of nice farmland (some poppies have made their way to the farm too).




There aren't really that many towns around - but there is the occasional farmhouse. I'm glad to know that I have lots of transportation options, I haven't even tried a donkey yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home