Monday, January 22, 2007

to New York for Christmas

For about a week and a half I was back in the USA for the first time in over 15 months. I had a great whirlwind trip visiting family and friends all over New York. I also got to enjoy lots of things I had missed like sushi, cheese, pork, bagels, hot showers, bookstores, driving, etc....


Christmastime in New York City was really cool (actually unseasonably warm). I also enjoyed a bit of reverse culture shock my first day back when I was in the city. I heard people speaking English and I thought they were talking to me, plus it was actually strange to not have people staring at me. I had fun staying with college friends in the hip East Village.




Ice skating at Bryant Park




The Chrysler Building




The center of the universe (Times Square)






Vanderbilt Mansion in the spectacular Hudson Valley






The Esopus Creek in the Catskills




I was quite surprised and excited to see a donkey and sheep in uptown Kingston (turns out it was the living nativity scene at the Old Dutch Church). I really hadn't expected to meet the two most common animals I see in Morocco on this trip.




With Grandma and Moroccan pillow




It's almost Christmas - with my uncle, aunt, and cousins at home




Getting into the holiday spirit with some friends




Christmas morning with the tree, presents, and cat




Our traditional french toast Christmas breakfast




The cats like the wrapping paper more than the presents




Mom's surprise Middle Atlas gift

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home